This is the new site for Troop 38, located in East Sparta, Ohio. Better known as “The Eagle Makers”, this troop goes beyond the ordinary to achieve the extraordinary. If you are serious about becoming an Eagle Scout, we will help you on your Eagle Trail.
Scouts and adults are needed to work this event and to donate food items. Please see Mrs. Close for more information. Selling tickets to the spaghetti dinner is a great way for Scouts to earn money for Scouting events.
Please note the calendar at right for these and other upcoming events.
Salt Fork: Troop 38 will join Troop 127 at Salt Fork State Park for boating, canoeing, kayaking, and water skiing. Cost is $15, which is due Sept. 11. Meet at ESUMC at 6:00 p.m. Sept. 14. Scouts return for pickup to ESUMC at 10:30 a.m. Sept. 16.
Court of Honor: Meet at 7:00 Sept. 25 at ESUMC in Class A. Court of Honor begins at 7:05. Merit Badge and Rank cut-off is Sept. 18.
OA Fall Fellowship is Sept. 28-30.
Meet at ESUMC at noon Sunday, July 22 in Class A. Be sure to eat well before you leave, as the first meal at camp will be dinner.
Please be ready to pick up your Scout at ESUMC at 11:00 a.m. Saturday, July 28.
• Field Uniform(Class A) and Activity uniform(Class B)
• 1 pair of sturdy hiking boots with good ankle support
• 1 pair of tennis shoes
• 5 blank or Scouting related T-shirts
• 1 pair of pants or jeans, 5 pairs of shorts, and belt
• 1 long sleeve shirt and 1 sweatshirt (valuable for camp honors)
• Underwear/socks (1 week worth)
• Personal mess kit and eating utensils
• Personal hygiene items
• Shower shoes, 2 towels, and swim suit
• Flashlight and pocketknife
• Spending money($10-20)
• 3’ whipped knot rope (for Dining Hall traditions)
• fishing pole, camera (optional)
• Scout Handbook and merit badge prerequisites (Merit Badge books are available at camp)
• rain gear, sun screen, and insect repellent
• closed toe water shoes (Waterfront activities)
• Pipestone wood (if applicable)
• Mattress (Optional) youth campers, including Senior Patrol Leaders, will not be provided with mattresses
• Personal time device (watch)
• Pad or plastic to cover spring or wooden bunk
• sleeping bag and backpack
• notebook, writing utensils, envelopes, and stamps(optional)
• blank or Scouting related hat
NOTE: Do NOT bring food or electronic devices. Sheath knives, Airsoft equipment, personal rifles, bows, shotguns, paintball guns, paintballs and ammunition are not to be brought to camp.
Pipestone Wood: No Scouts will receive final Pipestone approval until ALL Scouts have collected their wood. Scouts need approximately 2 paper boxes full of 12-inch long, barkless, straight sticks. Each stick must be no thicker than the boy’s thumb and no thinner than his pinky finger. Scouts have seen examples and been provided with two organized opportunities to collect wood.
You must bring a completed BSA medical form with you to camp. Printable BSA forms can be obtained at www.scouting.org/scoutsource/HealthandSafety/ahmr.aspx
1. Go to www.buckeyecouncil.org
2. On the left side of the screen, click on “Camping/Outdoor Pgm.”
3. Under “Scout Camping,” click on “Boy Scout Summer Camp.”
4. Click “Pre Camp Sale.”
5. Select the items necessary for your Scout’s merit badges, such as “Basketry Merit Badge Kit” or “Archery Merit Badge materials,” etc.
6. On the next screen, there will be a space to choose “Week Attending.” BE SURE TO CHOOSE “WEEK 6.”
7. The unit number is 5038.
8. The materials will be ready for your Scout at camp.